Monday, July 13, 2009

new york vacation part 1

It was a long ride over from n.h. not because it wasn't pretty but because I got car sick YECH! I threw up about 4 times and I never puke. But I was able to do a short hike and a walk around Lake George village,nice.Monday: I felt much better today which was good because we went hiking.After a tricky ride we found the trailhead for Crane Mtn.It was a challenging,wet,steep,but cool climb. To get to the summit of my first 3000' mtn I had to scramble and climb 2 ladders to reach the top.Great views and breezy! I descended down to Crane Pond, put my feet in the freezing cold water, and headed down the very steep trail back to the car.A very tough but epic hike with my dad and grandma! THANKS DAD. Tomorrow white water rafting.

4 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad Blake- when I drive threw Vermont I feel queasy too! A case of Leahyitis and Sanderstitis! Hope you had fun whitewater rafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did grandma Judy go whitewater rafting too???

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoops-this writer meant "through" not "threw"- see what Vermont does to you-bad case of Deans Syndrome!

    ReplyDelete

Followers